Sunday 16 March 2014

First finish of 2014!

Are you on facebook? A friend of mine has been doing things to be thankful for tag posts on there since the beginning of January, and it is lovely to see some positive posts. Despite the badstuff that happens day to day, we all have little things to be thankful for, don't we? I want to start doing it, to make sure I remember all the good bits.

This is my first  #thingstobethankfulfor.

My daughter is nine, and has been obsessed with Taylor Swift for a few years now. Totally obsessed. Last October when Taylor announced her Red tour, I decided that I would take Anna, and surprise her with tickets for her birthday. This was Anna's first trip to London, and first proper concert. We stayed in the Hilton in Canary Wharf which was really quiet as it was the weekend, and they upgraded us to an executive suite when we mentioned that it was Anna's birthday trip. It was such an amazing weekend!







So, the bright stars quilt - this is my first finish of 2014! I was really pleased with how it turned out, it reminds me of a paint palet.

 This quilting came together really fast, I just used an all over stipple - I am determined to try a different style for my next quilt!

I really couldn't decide what colour to bind it with, so went for a yellow. It's bright, but doesn't detract from the overall quilt.

  I took some shots of the quilt on the floor, behind me these two lurked and then....


Claimed! I don't think so Wilma....

 While I was finishing this one, my mind was already on to the next. When I've sewn these blocks together, I'm thinking of just quilting in the white areas. Not sure how successful I'll be, it could be an absolute disaster.

Any thoughts?
Right, it's a sunny blustery Sunday and I think a trip to the beach is in order!

2 comments:

  1. I love your daughter, your quilts and your dogs! This post is just chock full of wonderful pictures. I love that you had a great birthday with your daughter. Those are some memories that will last forever :). The quilt is fabulous also and I love the new one. Good luck with your quilting ... I'm sure whatever way you go it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's lovely … and the dogs waiting to claim a quilt is soooo what happens in my house!

    ReplyDelete