Saturday 26 July 2014

Whistle stop tour

We went to the beach on the windiest day ever

See? Windy.

I just loved the Union Jacks on this boat. Hence the photo.

We walked for two hours and couldn't hear a word  anyone said because of the wind. Then we sat in our car while the windows steamed up, and ate fish and chips. What a truly English day out!!
I was so moved by Stephen Sutton's bravery. I did some fundraising for Teenage Cancer Trust at work and raised £351. Donated one of my quilts as a prize.
We went to see Nine Inch Nails in Nottingham. Amazing. *Rock Fingers*

Trent Reznor...yum. That boy has MOVES.




I went on a nature walk with Anna. She's so purdy! Of course I'm biased, duh.



Started a quilt...
Actually got as far as basting..

Grew some salad. Totally yum.

Actually bloody finished a quilt!!

 We went to an open farm day and got stalked by a lamb that thinks it is a dog.

The farm gates. *wowzers*

Lund Village square. Except it is a triangle..
Very pretty pub - retirement village perhaps?!
Sat in the cool churchyard for a bit

Until Anna decided it was time to move on.

Bought locally milled bread flour at the open farm day. Amazing stuff, very consistent results.

*GASP* Started another quilt!

Even got as far as quilting it!!

Summer arrived, and brought stunning sunsets.

I love the Yorkshire Wolds.
*Unable to stop taking pictures*
I'm constantly gobsmacked that this is at the end of my road.

If you live in our village, yes, I'm the nutter running with a huge camera to shoot yet another sunset. So get out of the way!!


Seed heads. Stunning, no?

Hot diggety dogs!
To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Trying to remember everything lol. Windy at the beach , yep know what that's like . Well done on the fund raising and both quilts , both equally gorgeous as is the amazing Trent mmmmm. Sunsets awesome , wish I could see them properly from my house ... dogs .. very cute Anna very purdy indeed . Hope you're having a lovely school holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the whistle stop tour kim....and those quilts, gorgeous and very inspiring.....just about to start my first effort at free motion quilting....any tips?

    ReplyDelete